Travel down to Porkellis for Part 6

I set off from Coventry at 10.30am. It was decidedly chilly as usual this summer and I wasn't expecting to get good weather for this trip. Time would tell! It was at least fairly dry! I'd forgotten just how long a drive it was!! I am looking forward to future trips down to complete this walk getting shorter and shorter each time for a few years!

The trip down to Porkellis to Lower Dacum Farm campsite took me about five and a half hours!! On the way down I had sort of been planning to set the tent up and go off for a short walk and cycle ride back to the car from Coverack, where I finished last year, to Porthallow, but I wasn't set up until about 5pm so I decided to have a leisurely evening and do a longer walk the next day. Looking at the map it seems possible that I should be able to make it from Coverack to Helford tomorrow though it will be quite a long first day especially as I am fatter and less fit this year with not being able to get out much because of Cert Ed assignments earlier in the summer. Ah well. We'll see what I can manage. I am wanting this year to be as much about relaxing as forced route marching anyway, but looking at the map I am loosely aiming to get to Plymouth, Looe or somewhere like that by the end of the week. See how tired I get and how the weather is etc etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 47 - Blackpool Sands to Dartmouth - 5 miles

Day 32 - St Anthony Head to Carne Beach – 8 miles

Travel down for Part Four and Day 18 - Porth Joke to Newquay - 3 miles