Travel down to Hartland Quay for Part 3

I set off for my walking holiday after having lunch with my family at The Bear at Berkswell. I had a wonderful meal... it has been very hit and miss in the past, and indeed, the reason we were going today was because mum had complained to head office about their last experience and had got a 30 quid voucher to use on another meal! Today it was fab anyway! I had mushroom rarebit to start, followed by mushroom, spinach, leek and stilton pie with mash and veg.

I set off from Berkswell at about 1.45pm in heavy rain. It had been pretty miserable all morning, after a loooong spell of hot and dry weather.. typical of my luck!

I drove on the A46 past Stratford and Evesham to join the M5 at junction 9. By the time I joined the motorway, the heavy cloud had broken up and it was sunshine with intermittent prolonged heavy downpours all the way. I left the M5 at J27 to join the A531 to Barnstaple and from there the A39... Atlantic Highway!

I made it to the Hartland Quay Hotel in 4 hours almost exactly, including three short stops on the way. The sun came out as I arrived, glistening on the fantastic sea and rocks! I ended up in room 2, the same room that I'd stayed in when I'd hobbled in on my last shortened attempt at south west coast way. I had a couple of pints and my usual fish medley in the Wreckers Bar before going up to my room to watch TV until about 11.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 47 - Blackpool Sands to Dartmouth - 5 miles

Day 32 - St Anthony Head to Carne Beach – 8 miles

Travel down for Part Four and Day 18 - Porth Joke to Newquay - 3 miles