South West Coast Path

This blog is to record my experience of walking along the South West Coast Path. At 640 miles long, this National Trail stretches from Minehead on the north Somerset coast, all the way along the North Devon coastline, around the entire coast of Cornwall, along the South Devon coast and then enters Dorset to finish in Poole.

For far more photos, maps and information about the South West Coast Path, visit their official website by clicking here.

I have generally attempted this walk in week long chunks of walking holidays over several years, and each day of walking has its own blog entry below. The walking diary has had many different homes on many different websites in the time it has taken me to complete the walk so far, and so image quality and size varies throughout the blog.

I set out from Minehead for my first day of walking on the 29th of August 2003, with my friend Simon, and I have still not finished at the time of re-homing my diary to this new blog location (May 2017). Part of the reason for re-homing the diary, was to record the latest few days of walking along the path in early June 2017. I returned with my friend Steve and added a further 40 miles of walking along the route, after a break of many years. I have now made it all the way to Dartmouth in south Devon.

The map below shows the entire length of the South West Coast Path and the small blue dots show the part of the route that I have completed so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 47 - Blackpool Sands to Dartmouth - 5 miles

Day 32 - St Anthony Head to Carne Beach – 8 miles

Travel down for Part Four and Day 18 - Porth Joke to Newquay - 3 miles